Join us in trying to catch the wind!

Working to capture the best response on the Internet is elusive and as difficult as trying to catch the wind. Join us in our discussions about how to create better content and then place it and tag it so that people can find that information ~ Torrey

Tuesday, January 31

Quality Time with our Social Media


As we are spending all this time deciding how to crank up our markets I wanted to start to set the stage about what we should and should not be doing in Social Media.  Sometimes people I work with misunderstand the difference between Push Media, which is like TV, Radio and email vs Social Media which is about engagement.

I often talk to companies about their social media play and often get this kind of sickly sweet response that actually turns into PUSH advertising… Of course my major markets have been real estate brokers and automobile dealers… so what was I expecting?

I thought that this article was a good “do’s and don’t” overview




REF: Google+ Growing Your Social Network: Quantity vs. Quality Jan 31, 2012 by Aaron Friedman Search Engine Land. http://tinyurl.com/6vqrrg7

I wrote an overview of this in my blog outlining a guy who I think really says it all by Gary Vaynerchuck on  who just wrote a great book,  "The Thank You Economy"